Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Webinar Experience

I was starting to panic because I had not found a webinar t oattend yet. Then there was one posted on the NSTA site today that I attended called GuidedWikiWalk

It is a two part course that helps you navigate wikispaces. So, I decided that this would be great because one of my ideas is to start a wiki with (at least) one class this year to see how it works.

It was done through Eluminate. WOW! It was like having everything at once! The intructor was on video at the beginning, people were able to speak on the mics, discussion was on-going through a chat box, and there was a powerpoint as she talked. She was also able to show us different screens as she was talking. You could also raise your hand, and vote on things. It was so cool.

Are all webinars this interactive?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, they are that interactive. Webinars are a great way to learn, and you never have to drive in traffic or pay for a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the ones through Elluminate at least are this interactive (Classroom 2.0 Live usually has good ones too). It's a little tricky at first to keep track of the chat and the main presentation, but you figure out how to tune into the important stuff on the chat while focusing on the main presentation. Once you become comfortable, it's fun to raise your hand and ask questions (I do this through the chat because I'm too self conscious to do take the mic).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair warning that not all webinars are on Elluminate. There are similar programs, and a few different ways to run a webinar, but I cannot think of the names off the top of my head.

    If you enjoyed the Elluminate format I would stick with their offered presentations because it is much harder to enjoy other webinar formats after you use Elluminate in my experience.

    ReplyDelete