Wednesday, August 5, 2009

End of Course/ Final Blog for class

I have learned alot during this course and am looking forward to trying new things out this year. I do think the week with the screencasts, voicethreads, and powerpoints may have really been 2 weeks worth of work; there was a lot to absorb for me that week.

I think that is important for teachers to continually be students as a way to ensure they have empathy for those they teach. I took 2 grad classes and 3 district training this summer; in some things I felt like the smart kid in class and in others I definately was the slow kid. In this class I was definately the slow kid but I learned a lot from my peers and was so impressed by so much of what everyone did. There was so much that was new to me it will take time to really absorb it all and find places to use all this new info in my class. I think that the three things I chose are modest goals but good starts.

I did start a wiki, and have a place where I can list wikis I want to keep up with, so some of you may see me spying on you. I hope you don't mind, I am just interested in seeing how the projects grow in your classes.

Thank you all for a great learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, feel free to spy on me as much as you want (though I wont be teaching this year I will keep up my blog). It would be great if you could list The Science Teacher's Hub wiki in yours (http://sciteachhub.wetpaint.com) and definitely join, I'm sure you'll get some great resources from it as people add... Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete